Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Training

I've decided upon a new pastime. Go to some beautiful, idyllic locale, run or hike a ridiculous number of miles, then gorge myself on delicious artisanal foods. This is already the basic outline of my previous day hikes out in the Marin Headlands area, but I want to make such trips more frequent and more extreme. Consider it hardcore tourism. It also serves as training for my new goal of running a half marathon this coming summer. While there's certainly something to be said for taking leisurely hikes, eyes to the undergrowth, observing all the details, these runs will provide a more macroscopic view of the areas. Which I think may be equally easy to miss at times. It's not a big deal though, I can simply alternate between activities. Even so, many of these trips will have to wait until the academic year is through since Walla Walla doesn't exactly cater to such outings. There is still potential though. I did locate some Pt. Reyes Cowgirl Creamery cheese in a shop downtown today. Hooray foodie culture. Anyways, that's what I plan to do with my spring. Run. And then eat the best food that I can, keeping it as local and authentic as possible.

Get some.




No comments:

Post a Comment